background

Monday, November 19, 2012

Creamy Spinach Pizza


Mmm, I now love spinach. I am ashamed that I ever thought it was gross, but then again most kids do.  And now I'm obsessed with white pizza.
How have I lived so long not trying white pizza?!
I can only blame myself. But now I will happily enjoy this new found love whenever I please!

This recipe is adapted from smells like home's spinnoccoli pizza

Ingredients:

For the white sauce:
1 Tbl butter
1 Tbl flour
3/4 cup milk or heavy cream
1 garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
6 Tbl parmesan cheese

For the pizza:
Pizza dough
olive oil
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
3 oz mozzarella cheese
1 oz parmesan cheese

Directions:
Melt butter over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Whisk in flour constantly for about 1 minute, when it reaches a brown and bubbly state. Whisk in the milk or heavy cream and garlic with the salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce is thickened and bubbly. Take off heat and mix in the parmesan until smooth. Set aside.

If using a pizza stone, preheat oven to 500 degrees and place stone in the oven. If you do not have a pizza stone and are using a pizza pan, preheat the oven to 400.
Roll pizza dough out and brush the top with olive oil. Spread the white sauce onto the pizza, leaving about an inch on outside of the dough for the crust. Evenly sprinkle the baby spinach leaves next, followed by the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
If transferring pizza to pizza stone, bake for about 10-12 minutes.
If using a pizza pan, bake for about 13-15 minutes or until cheeses and crust are nicely browned.

Let cool, even though it's very difficult, before diving in.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment